Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Fieldwork (part 2)

My work is going well. I'm meeting lots of friendly people in the Vimeu area, and I'm collecting a good amount of data. I don't have much time to work on transcriptions at night, given that I often have full days. I'm a bit tired, but I'm having a great time. I will be at the the Universite de Picardie in in Amiens on Thursday and Friday, attending a conference, and then back to the Baie de Somme for more interviews.

Last night, I went to Eu (in Normandy, just South of Vimeu) with Edwige. Her middle school students were performing at the theatre located by the Château d'Eu. The show was good (although a bit short), but the evening allowed me to see the inside of the theatre, which is only open to the public for performances.



Thanks to those who sent me little notes on my cell phone at 0669484935@imode.fr; it's a much more convenient and cheap (free!) way to stay in touch. I hope you are all having a great summer too!

No comments: